THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN CANADA AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL REGARDS.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO ARC’TERYX EQUIPMENT. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF ADMINISTERING THIS CONTEST. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS CONTEST SHALL BE DIRECTED TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES.
Sponsor: Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc., 110 – 2220 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, BC V7H 1A8;
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to legal residents of the Province of British Columbia, Canada (“the Territory”) who (i) reside and are physically located in the Territory (ii) are at least nineteen (19) years of age in the place of their residency as of January 18, 2022,; and (iii) and have internet access and an email address as of January 18, 2022. Employees of Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, siblings and children, and each of their respective spouses regardless of residence) and household members of each, whether related or not, are not eligible. The Contest is void outside the Territory and where prohibited and is subject to all applicable provincial/territorial and local laws.
2) HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on January 18, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on January 21, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). Entry: During the Entry Period, enter the Contest by registering online on the LNY Splash page or in person at the Metrotown store via link: (https://lunarnewyearlimitededitionchancopy.splashthat.com)
3) LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS. Participants may not use any other device or artifice to register more than one time or as multiple registrants. Any eligible entrant who attempts to enter with multiple emails under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter more than ten times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Sponsor’s discretion.
4) PRIZE: The Prize consists of the opportunity to purchase a limited edition Men’s Alpha SV at $950 CAD plus tax or Women’s Beta AR at $750 CAD plus tax in the Panthera colourway. Purchase must be made by 9:00 PM (PST) January 28, 2022 at the Metrotown store. Winner must have all necessary identification documents (e.g., a valid driver’s license or government issued passport).
5) PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: The Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or other prize substitution except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion if featured Prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes on the Prize.
Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a Prize, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, divisions, advertising and contest agencies and the respective employees, directors and officers of the foregoing from and against any/all claims, losses, injuries or damages, including death, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in any Prize-related activities or any travel related thereto. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded beyond Arc’teryx’s standard Limited Warranty.
6) DRAWING: Up to twenty-one (21) potential Prize Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The date of the selection will be on or about January 22, 2022. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received from all entry methods combined.
7) NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/AWARDING OF PRIZES: The potential Prize winners will be notified via direct message through email and may be publicly announced on Arc’teryx social media pages. Prize Winner shall have 48 hours to respond, and may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release within time specified on the prize notification or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential Prize Winner does not respond within 48 hours of notification, if documents are not timely returned, or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, even if another potential Prize Winner has already been announced. Prize must be purchased in person at the Metrotown store by 9:00 PM January 28, 2022, or it will be available to an alternate prize winner.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY – When an eligible Canadian entrant is selected as a potential winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time or in person at the Metrotown store before being declared a winner. If a selected Canadian potential winner cannot be reached by telephone within a reasonable time period or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion, he/she may be disqualified, and Sponsor will select another potential winner from the pool of eligible entries for that drawing
8) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering and/or accepting a prize, the Contest entrants agree to (a) abide by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor which shall be final, and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Instagram, and all their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective employees, directors and officers of the foregoing (collectively “Releasees”), from and against any/all claims, losses, injuries or damages, including death, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in any prize related activities or any travel related thereto, and (c) allow Sponsor and/or its designees the use of the winner’s name, photos and/or likeness for promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law and, should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Contest is governed by laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada with venue in Vancouver, B.C. for the resolution of all claims and disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash.
9) GENERAL CONDITIONS
If the Contest becomes compromised, hampered, interrupted, not capable of running as planned, or rendered impossible of performance in any way, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or withdraw the Contest, or to amend these Official Rules without notice.
Each entrant will not knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST HEREUNDER VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for any late, lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage due mail/entries, or stolen entries, nor are they responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; any technical or human error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access of the web site; any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer(s) related to or resulting from participating in this Contest, or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason the Contest cannot be conducted as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and may select a winner from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken. In no event will Sponsor and/or Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the website, https://www.arcteryx.com or https://community-events.arcteryx.com/, or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the sites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or the exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the aforementioned limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or conditions regarding these limitations and/or exclusions.
This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia with venue in Vancouver and all claims must be resolved in the federal or provincial courts of Vancouver, BC. If any provision of the Official Rules or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of the Official Rules, it being the intent and agreement of the parties that the Official Rules shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting therefore another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable so as to materially give effect to Sponsor’s intent.
13) WINNER LIST: For a list of the Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 28, 2022 to: 2022 ARC’TERYX LNY JACKET CONTEST, 2220 Dollarton Hwy., Suite 110, North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7H 1A8.
SPONSOR: Contest is sponsored and administered by Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc. 110 –2220 Dollarton Hwy., North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7H 1A8.