NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal persons of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) with a valid mailing address (P.O. Box not accepted), age of majority and older as of August 24, 2020 in their country of residence, have an Instagram social media account, and follow/like the Arc’teryx Academy page of Instagram which can be accessed at @Arcteryxacademy (Instagram) (collectively “Fan Page”). In order to follow/like the Fan Page, Sweepstakes entrants must have an Instagram account. Membership on Instagram is free and can be obtained by visiting instagram.com and following the onscreen instructions to create an account. Employees of Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, siblings and children, and each of their respective spouses regardless of residence) and household members of each, whether related or not, are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
3) LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER APPLICABLE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT, PER EMAIL ADDRESS, PER DAY DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD. Participants may not use any other device or artifice to register more than one time or as multiple registrants. Any eligible entrant who attempts to enter with multiple social media accounts under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter more than ten times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Sponsor’s discretion.
4) PRIZE: One (1) Prize per Day during the Entry Period, as set forth below:
Day 1 Prize Pack: The Day 1 Prize Pack consists of one (1) Arc’teryx Nuclei FL Jacket, one (1) C-Quence Harness, one (1) Chalk Bag of winners choice and one (1) Alpha SV Jacket. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize is $1,490 CAD.
Days 2-5 Prize Pack: The Prize Pack for each Day 2, 3, 4, and 5 consists of one (1) Arc’teryx Nuclei FL Jacket and one (1) C-Quence Harness. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize is $540 CAD plus any applicable PI (defined below) as may be disclosed by Sponsor for the applicable Day. The total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes is $3650 CAD / $2690 USD, without PI. Certain colors and sizes are subject to availability. Certain Days may include additional promotional items from co-sponsors or promotional prize providers (“PI”), ARV will be disclosed for the specific PI applicable to the specific Day, if any. Not all Days will have associated PI. Total ARV of all PI not to exceed $5000 CAD / $3693 USD. Prize to be ordered by Winner and fulfilled by October 31, 2020.
5) PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: The Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or other prize substitution except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion if featured Prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes on the Prize.
6) DRAWING: Up to one (1) potential Prize Winner will be selected per the discretion of Sponsor in review of all eligible entries received for each Day during the Entry Period. The selection will be daily during the Entry Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received from all entry methods combined for each Day during the Entry Period.
7) NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/AWARDING OF PRIZES: The potential Prize winners will be notified via direct message through social media, and may be publicly announced on Arc’teryx social media pages. Prize Winner shall have five (5) days to respond, and may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release within time specified on the prize notification or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential Prize Winner does not respond within five (5) days of notification, if documents are not timely returned, or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, even if another potential Prize Winner has already been announced.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY – If an eligible Canadian entrant is selected as a potential winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time before being declared a winner. If a selected Canadian potential winner cannot be reached by telephone within a reasonable time period or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion, he/she may be disqualified, and Sponsor will select another potential winner from the pool of eligible entries for that drawing
8) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering and/or accepting a prize, the Sweepstakes entrants agree to (a) abide by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor which shall be final, and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Instagram, and all their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective employees, directors and officers of the foregoing (collectively “Releasees”), from and against any/all claims, losses, injuries or damages, including death, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in any prize related activities or any travel related thereto, and (c) allow Sponsor and/or its designees the use of the winner’s name, photos and/or likeness for promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law and, should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada with venue in Vancouver, B.C. for the resolution of all claims and disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. No compensation will be paid in lieu of Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize is unavailable. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for any late, lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage due mail/entries, or stolen entries, nor are they responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; any technical or human error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access of the web site; any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer(s) related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes, or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and may select a winner from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken. In no event will Sponsor and/or Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the website, https://www.arcteryx.com or www.instagram.com, or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the sites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or the exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the aforementioned limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or conditions regarding these limitations and/or exclusions.
11) WINNER LIST: For a list of the Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2020 to: 2020 ARC’TERYX CLIMBING ACADEMY INSTAGRAM SWEEPSTAKES, 2220 Dollarton Hwy., Suite 110, North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7H 1A8.
SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc. 2220 Dollarton Hwy., Suite 110, North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7H 1A8.
2020 ARC’TERYX CLIMBING ACADEMY: DIGITAL EDITION – INSTAGRAM SWEEPSTAKES